Saturday, August 31, 2013

Zero Waste Week

This week is Zero Waste Week. Head on over here to sign up!

I am taking this week to re-examine all my waste. It is very easy to become complacent with the amount of waste we consume and giving in to convenience. I know I am guilty of this.

We are all headed back to school next week, so letting go of convenience for less waste options becomes more common when my husband and I aren't home like we are in the summer.

I will be setting up our compost bin this week and keeping track of all the plastic waste I consume. I will share the results end of next week!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    Great to hear that you're looking to cut down on waste. If you're planning on setting up a compost bin, have a look at this: http://www.bokashicompostinghq.com/. The site describes a process for composting which is really easy, really quick, doesn't smell and can be done inside the kitchen (meaning you don't have to keep taking walks in the rain to your compost bin).

    I use Bokashi in my kitchen, and it's great. Hope it helps you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris!
      Thank you very much for the link. I have been contemplating the best way to compost- our yard backs up to a state park so we get a lot of wild life. I hadn't thought about setting something up right in the kitchen. I can't wait to check it out!

      Katie

      Delete