Sunday, October 11, 2015

Personal Blogging vs. Business Blogging

I have been on quite the journey through blogging this year. If you know may (or if you don't!) you may have remembered in November 2013 I had my second child. Because of this, I was home from work, and money was tight. So, since I enjoyed my personal blog so much, I decided to look into blogging as a business, to make an income from home.

Blogging for profit is a totally different animal than personal blogging. Now, I am not saying in any way that it is bad or it is wrong. I think it is fabulous so many men and women can write about their passions, help others, and earn an income from home.

But writing professionally, and for profit turns out is really not my thing. At all. What to I enjoy most about blogging? Connecting with others.

But, through this past year long journey I did discover something I am good at, like, and can do from home. And now I work as a virtual assistant, helping others. Tuns out I am quite technically inclined! (Despite my want to be a creative so badly). As we age I do think we discover more what our gifts are, and start to care less whether or not we fit into a mold.

Thus leads me to the separation of my business blog and my personal blog. This is my personal blog. I hope you will follow me on my personal journey.

If you are interested in my professional life, you can check out my professional site here; http://katiedettra.com . It is still under construction :)

I currently work for an awesome blogger whom I love doing behind the scenes tech-y stuff.

Working from home is truly a blessing. Especially for an introvert like me.

How do you feel about business vs. personal blogging?




2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried professional blogging but I think the best of both worlds would be to earn an income from a personal blog if possible. (not that I have mind you).

    I think you are creative, technical stuff is way over my head but it takes a creative mind to pull it all together and make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I never wanted 'all' the readers, and a commitment to draw eyes to what I write. I just write as an outlet, and if my readers are kind enough to comment, I see that as a bonus. So glad to hear you're back, and I hope you and the kids are doing well.

    ReplyDelete