Saturday, October 19, 2013

Photo Friday #4 Autumn Sunrise

The numbering of photo posts seemed really boring so I thought I'd give this one a name. And, I am so clever I am calling it "Autumn Sunrise". I do realize it is Saturday, I had a busy day at work and then took my son to celebrate his school's 50th birthday, I was so tired I got in bed at about 8 last night. These last couple weeks of pregnancy have been a doozy. I'm quite moody :)
I woke up to see the sunrise ( I don't sleep for very long these days ), brewed my coveted pumpkin coffee, and headed out to the deck to take a picture and enjoy the view.




We have a second story deck so that's why you see the tree tops. The sky started out an orange color and then turned to this pinkish purple. It is very pretty, but I couldn't stay out for long because the morning temperature was 43 * F. Too chilly for my tastes.

The sunrise is a really great time to pause, take a deep breath, and clear your head for the new day. I try to acknowledge my negative feelings, and then let them go to make space for a new day. I tend to hang out to thoughts and stew, so this is a good way to "clean house" for the new day.

Have a great weekend!

Katie

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo and yes, the morning skies, trees, birds and especially squirrels, are a great way to clear away negative thoughts and begin fresh. Thanks for sharing, Katie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome! Yes, squirrels are fun to watch. Did you know they have handed-ness?

      Delete
  2. Oh so pretty. I love the stillness, in your words and the picture. My mornings aren't slow at all - seeing I'm at work at 7am! At least i sit down to eat and read some blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7 is early to be at work. My body really doesn't like to get up before 7, but on work days I get up around 6:30. I am glad you at least eat breakfast! Yum.

      Delete