Saturday, March 1, 2014

Weekly Spending Report 2.28.14 and Blog Absence

The last week of February, it sure went by fast.

Spending:

$248.49- Costco

We got a Costco membership before Obamacare to get a discount on our health insurance, hut now we have a cheaper plan through the Healthcare Exchange. I decided to grocery shop there this week because I hear good things about it. I have mixed feelings. The prices are pretty good but there a lot of things I really do not need in bulk, and I loathe going to more than one store in a week. It is also a half an hour away, and i do not like driving. Combine that with no self checkout and its not my favorite thing. I prefer a small store in bike distance where I can do self checkout and have no social interaction, because I am friendly like that. Don't think I will be going back anytime soon.

$182.50- Cabin Rental
This is for our family vacation in May.

$20.00-Church

$6.50- library fines place snack at the library.
The library is evil and tempts my kid with tasty snacks. Or I could just say no. But why do I always have to be the bad guy?

$15.20- Regular grocery store

$30.23- Husband Gas

Total for Week : $502.92

You may (or may not) have noticed I am not around much on the blog. It is because I spend my free time with this guy:







3 comments:

  1. I'm sad the picture didn't load :( I never got into bulk buying either, and like the one store thing. Though, the self check out is ok if I have a few things, it just dies when I need to pack my own bags - they are just far too worried about theft, and weigh everything. So I use a real human, and pack my own bags I bought. Best of both worlds really - everything goes in the bag JUST how I want and plan (meat together, then dairy, then solid fruit vege before soft fruit and vege and breads), and I don't have to 'hurry' - they swipe, and I pack to their speed, rather than trying to swipe fast and pack fast and just be frazzled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out the picture.
      I get nervous when dealing with a real human. I get really awkward with small talk, and I tend to fumble things and get all clammy. And here I still get weird looks with my reusable bags sometimes. Or, my favorite- when they put it in a plastic bag first and then put it in my bag!!

      Delete
    2. Thankfully BYO bags are normal here, and all the major chains sell their own, so that's helpful to the mindset of the staff.

      I'm sorry to hear you get nervous and clammy - that's awful. If I felt like that, I'd be beelining to the self serve ones for sure!

      Delete