Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Project 333 Maternity?

I have to admit I have been lurking on the blog Project 333 for a while, loving all the minimal wardrobes, with their mix and match clothes.

I am no fashionista. At all. I also hate wearing anything uncomfortable, tight, etc. and I tend to wear the same things over and over again. I have been wanting to participate in the project, I was getting ready to before I became pregnant.

Since I have become pregnant I have put it off with the excuse that my size keeps changing ( and it does). I am at month 5 and still in a hodge podge of regular and maternity clothes ( which I have gotten all for free- about that later).

But with July here and a new season of project 333 starting, I have decided to take the plunge. The difference being I am not going to donate my pre pregnancy stuff just yet ( we'll see how my size is after baby).

We all have different reasons for hanging on to clothes ( things too! ) Mine seem to be guilt ( i tend to anthropomorphize things and assign them feelings ) and the hope that I might someday be stylish.

I am learning to accept myself as is - i really don't enjoy things like make up and nail polish ( both make my skin/ nails feel like they can't breathe), I hate high heels and tight pants, and I seem to be the only person who cannot stand wearing jeans! Denim is so rough and scratchy! Give me 100% cotton any day. I have had this feeling I was missing on some girl gene (sorry that is sexist, I know, the pull of societal influence can be strong) and I hate clothes shopping! (Online clicking is just fine, thanks as long as I don't have to try it on in a dressing room I am good).

I realize I can't spend all my time in yoga pants ( oh if only ), so I am trying to keep the clothes that
are soft and comfy while also looking decent. So, I am setting to work on finding my "33".

My goal is to have this done and posted by Friday- stay tuned for "Project 333" maternity( and tell you how I get my clothes for free, cheap etc.)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment