Thursday, October 24, 2013

Inspirational Quotes- Children Learn What they Live

I love inspirational quotes. My husband always brings them to me when he finds one he knows I like, even though he thinks they are silly. I just love hearing all the great things people say.

Here is something I have hanging in my kitchen-

Children Learn What they Live

If a child lives with criticism,
he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with ridicule,
he learns to be shy.
If a child lives with shame,
he learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance,
he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement,
he learns confidence.
If a child lives with praise,
he learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness,
he learns to be just.
If a child lives with security,
he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval,
he learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship,
he learns to find love in the world.


And  I read it when I stagger into the kitchen in the morning, while I am waiting for the coffee to brew.
And I try to be the best parent I can be everyday.


7 comments:

  1. Katie! Love this list and wish more parents had it hanging in their kitchen, although I have not been in everyone's kitchen.

    I'd perhaps add a few scientific blurbs, but the sentiments are right on! Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking in people's houses. I love blog home photo tours. Weird? maybe. I would love to hear your scientific blurbs!

      Delete
  2. I love this one, Katie. I have seen it but not in a long time. Thank you for reminding me. We do not have children, but we work with children. I think every child deserves the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People who work with children are special :) Some of the people who have made lasting impressions on me and changed my life are the teachers I have had. Thank you for sharing your gifts with others!

      Delete
  3. I really like that quote. It used to be on the wall of our church nursery, when I was a kid--and I even liked it then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yeah I still remember the church nursery quote from my childhood- "Jesus loves me, I can love others".
      I try to read this especially when I feel anxiety that I am doing a good job- I just have to emulate these values. :)

      Delete
  4. This is just as true on how to treat adults too though - I think it's never too late to help people see things in a positive light!

    ReplyDelete