Friday, September 27, 2013

Photo Friday

Hello all!

Happy Friday! I have to confess, I am a horrible picture-taker. No, I don't take bad pictures. I just don't take any pictures at all.

The last birthday album I made for my son was for his 1rst birthday. He's 7. (I do have some pictures on the computer..)

And my blogger profile picture? I think that's about 5 years old, conveniently the mug is blocking half of my face. (I am not a fan of having my picture taken.) M and I like to say we "live the moments" rather than "record them". ;)

I don't have aspirations to become a photographer, or even a scrapbooker but, I am challenging myself to take at least one photo a week, and post it here. Because there is some really great stuff out there to take pictures of.



There's my clothesline, sporting some second hand pocket diapers I picked up for our future baby (due in about a month). I thought the little cloth diapers looked so cute hanging on the line! ( I have to say, despite what the er, hold, I find cloth diapers to be extremely adorable.)

This is the view from my deck. Not to shabby if you discount the ramshackle fence. Ah well, were not all perfect :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Katie

5 comments:

  1. I'm a far more prolific photo taker now that I have a blog! But they are just camera phone photos, nothing special. I also take photos for work (for reference in the office). I love you little clothesline, it's so sweet. And those nappies are cute. Oh and yes, also hate photos of myself, which is a shame, cause since this time last year, I've been growing out a shaved head, so it might have actually been interesting to document. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah-
      I would love to hear the story and see pictures of your shaved head! I do take pictures at work sometimes, but I admit that I am a bit lazy when it comes to picture taking. And, I don't have a smart phone so I rarely have my camera with me. I always think that the thing I like most about a smart phone is the ability to take pictures whenever you want.

      Delete
  2. I love the pops of color against the green lawn--lovely! I like your idea of Photo Friday and stretching your photo muscles a bit. I've been thinking of offering an e-course for photography next year, so I'll keep you in the loop in case you're interested! Wishing you an easy last month before your new little bundle arrives (that's so exciting...I can't wait to read more about your new addition!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! Definitely let me know about the course- I have to say I have no idea where I will be but if I can I would br interested. Thanks! I am hoping this baby likes to sleep... My son was a colicy baby who never slept!
      Katie

      Delete
  3. http://www.livetolist.com/?p=507 is the story of my hair shaving. I have to admit since the smart phone I'm definitely snap happier!

    ReplyDelete