Friday, January 3, 2014

What's Going on with the Blog?

Since I have got some of my blogging mojo back, I decided for 2014 I will start blogging with a sort of schedule, to keep myself motivated. It is very easy with a new baby to let the days go by.

Mondays will be posts of what I am reading. I love reading and want to make that a part of the blog. It will be books, other blogs, articles, etc.

Wednesday will be whatever is on my mind- low waste endeavors, random musings, etc.

Friday will be a weekly spending update and report of how I am doing with the compact. I am so excited about this! I also want to keep it as a sort of log of how much you really need to spend- how little can a family of 4 live on and still be happy and comfortable?

I hope you will follow me on my journey! Happy New Year!


Katie

6 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing what you get up to, especially with the compact. I like your goal to see how cheaply you can live while staying happy and comfortable. That seems like a good line not to cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can help so much having a loose plan for posts - Wednesdays are a breeze knowing they're always about waste. I did try to make Monday for money, but it didn't happen, and I haven't seen any readers stressing out, so be kind to yourself if the themed days evolve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I tend to follow things loosely. I am very "go with the flow" so I knew I needed some kind of plan. I love your zero waste posts!

      Delete
  3. Katie, I'm in! I'm always looking for good suggestions on reading material and can't wait to see how you do with the compact. Just how little does a family of 4 need today? I can't get over how much more expensive things have gotten in the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are expensive, namely gas and food. and Heating oil. I am working on reducing the use of the car also- I am very excited about this experiment.

      Delete