Thursday, June 27, 2013

Welcome

Hello. My name is Katie. I have created this blog to track my journey into living low waste. I would like to reduce my family's plastic consumption and trash, drawing inspiration from sites such as "My Plastic Free Life" and "Zero Waste Home".  This blog is not meant for profit, but as a resource for myself and possibly others looking into a low- waste lifestyle.

Beyond reducing trash, I am also looking to reduce waste in other areas of my life, such as time wasting, etc. My husband and I have taken our family in a direction away from the average American family. My husband is an independent musician following his dream of pursuing his performing and teaching. I work in the education field part time. We function on a low income for an American family, so I will also touch on not wasting money, or space (we live in a small home).

This is all with a 7 year old son and a baby boy due in November. It should be an interesting journey.

Welcome!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, I found your blog via Lois at Living Simply Free. I feel like we have a lot in common! I also write about living simply, reducing waste and living plastic free, but I'm from the UK and I live in Australia. Nice to meet you! Oh, and my blog is called Treading My Own Path, so there's even an overlap with the "path" references. Great to see another blogger talking about these issues : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by! I Can't wait to check out your blog!
      Katie

      Delete